This journal provides the free and quick publication of accepted manuscripts. No fees are charged, and remuneration will be paid. Authors should read the following instructions before submission.
is an academic journal of oral medicine published both domestically and overseas and a monthly publication; CN: 44-1724/R; ISSN: 2096-1456.
This is a core journal of Chinese Science and Technology and an outstanding scientific journal of Guangdong, which is included in the U.S. Ulrichsweb database, WHO Western Pacific Regional Medical Index (WPRIM), China Biomedical Literature Database and other databases.
The journal mainly reports the latest trends, achievements, experiences, technologies and methodologies in the field of stomatology. The journal focuses on preventive and clinical treatments characterized by a combination of theory, practice, popularization and improvement. The journal emphasizes innovation and discovery and aims to meet authors’ needs, serve readers, benefit society and promote the development of oral medicine. The journal has the following columns: Expert Forum, Expert Review, Basic Research, Clinical Trial, Prevention and Treatment, and Review. Authors are welcome to submit papers via the website of the journal.
1. Criteria and Precautions
(1) Statement: An introduction letter from the organization is required for every submitted article to prove the authenticity of the manuscript. There must be no confidentiality, infringement, or multiple submissions. The authorship must be uncontested. Review manuscripts need to be reviewed by experts in relevant fields.
(2) Overall requirements: Articles should be creative, scientific, readable and practical. There must be authentic information, explicit arguments, a clear hierarchy, and reliable data. Please perform statistical processing when necessary. The sentences should be concise, and the writing should be neat.
(3) Title: The title should concisely and accurately reflect the theme of the article and should not exceed 20 Chinese characters. Abbreviations should be avoided.
(4) Authorship: Each author of the manuscript should be the creator or designer of the academic content of the essay or a drafter. They should be able to make amendments according to the comments from the reviewers and editors or to attend to the defense of the paper’s content in the academic community. Individuals with direct involvement in the study but not included as authors may be acknowledged. The authors may be sorted according to their contributions, and the organization of the authors should be indicated. If the authors belong to different organizations, use a superscripted 1, 2, or 3 after the authors’ names to indicate the corresponding organizations. The postcode and the name of the city of the organization and the professional title, degree, and email address of the corresponding author and the first author should be indicated.
(5) Number of words: Commentary, basic research, clinical study and review articles should not exceed 8000 words, including English abstracts, figures, tables and references. Other columns should not exceed 6000 words. Clinical reports should not exceed 3000 words.
(6) Funding: If the study was funded by national, departmental or provincial projects or research projects, the name and the number of the funding projects should be indicated, and a copy of the approval document (certificate) of the funding projects should be attached. Such studies have priority to be accepted by the journal.
(7) Abstract: The abstract of original studies should have approximately 400 words and should summarize the content of the article under the subheadings “Objectives,” “Methods,” “Results,” and “Conclusions.” The abstract of reviews should have approximately 300 words.
(8) Key words: No more than five key words best reflecting the theme and content of the manuscript should be selected, and they should conform to.
(9) English items: The title, author names (including corresponding author), organization names, addresses, postcodes, abstract, figure legends, and table titles in English should correspond with those in Chinese. The first three authors should be listed; “et al.” can be added to represent more than three authors.
(10) Abbreviations: The full Chinese word should be indicated when a term not publicly known appears for the first time, followed by the full English name and abbreviation in parentheses.
(11) Figures and tables: Each figure and table needs a full concise heading. Three-line tables in white ink or computer-printed should be used. Images must be original files or digital images over 300 dpi. In pathological images, typical lesions must be displayed, and the staining method and magnification must be indicated. Please avoid the repetition of information among text, figures and tables.
(12) Standards and Regulations: Medical terminology should be based on the “Medical Terms” published by the National Natural Science Terminology Verification Committee and the “English-Chinese Medical Vocabulary” complied by the People’s Health Publishing House. Drug names should be based on the latest version of “Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China.” The use of trade names is not allowed. Units of measurement should be used in accordance with the “Authorized Unit of Measurement of the People’s Republic of China” and GB 3100-93 “International System of Units and Application.” Units of measurement should be marked with symbols instead of the Chinese names. If there is a value with an old unit, the authorized unit should be listed first, followed by an indication of the value with the old unit in parentheses. Numbers should be used in accordance with GB/T 15835-1995 “Regulations on the Use of Numbers in Publications.” Values should be consistent throughout the text, figures and tables. The number of digits after the decimal point should be consistent within the same index. Statistical symbols should be used in italics according to GB 3358-82 “Terms and Symbols of Statistics.” The specific names of the statistical analysis methods used should be indicated.
(13) References: References should be from official, recent publications. They should be presented in the order of their appearance and should be formatted in the style shown below. They must be consistent with the citations in the manuscript. Authors should avoid citing secondary literature and abstracts.
Examples of the reference format:
[Journal] Authors. Title. Journal, year, vol (issue): start page-end page.
[Book] Authors. Title. Edition (omitted when first edition). Location: publisher, year. Start page-end page.
[Study from a book]. Title of original paper/Authors of original paper. Title of book. Edition (omitted when first edition). Location: publisher, year. Start page-end page.
(14) Foreign symbols: Foreign symbols should be in the correct format, including upper or lower case and normal, italicized, superscripted, or subscripted text.
(15) Contact: The department of the organization of the authors, address for correspondence, postcode, phone number, fax number and email address should be listed in detail.
2. Submission processing
(1) Papers should be submitted via the “author submission system” on the journal’s service platform. Authors will be notified of the decision within 2 months and can check the status of the submission through the system.
(2) The editorial office will contact the corresponding author, first author, or contact person notified by the first author (or second author) regarding matters related to the manuscript.
(3) The original manuscript should be kept by the authors as the submitted manuscript will not be returned.
(4) Authors are responsible for their own manuscript. According to “Copyright Law,” the journal has the right to make amendments to the manuscript within the stated provisions. In the case of any modifications involving the original meaning, the journal will ask for suggestions from the author. If it is not possible for the authors to submit a revised manuscript within 3 months, the journal will consider the paper a new submission.
(5) Upon acceptance, the authors should send a digital copy of the document for timely publication.
(6) The authors will be provided 2 issues of the journal after publication of the accepted paper. The authors should contact the editorial office if additional issues are needed.
(7) The authors should inform the journal of any awards related to the paper or study.
(8) The authors should notify the editorial office before submission to any another journal.
(9) To adapt to the domestic construction of informatization and to expand the channels of communication between the journal and the authors, the journal has been included in a number of databases. The copyright fee of the article and the royalties will be one-time payments. Statistically analyzed data regarding article citations will be provided to the authors freely. If the authors refuse to allow the article to be included in the databases, the authors should provide a statement when submitting the manuscript, and the journal will make appropriate arrangements.
(10) All accepted manuscripts will be published in paper, e-journal, or CD-ROM format or in databases.
(11) Once the article has been published, the editorial office has the right to the exclusive use of the article.(12) Address of the editorial office: No. 366 Jiangnan Avenue South, Guangzhou 510280; Website: http://www.kqjbfz.com; Telephone: 020-84403311; Fax: 020-84445386; Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cm/kqjbfz; QQ: 224650162. Beware of fake websites. Should the authors have any questions, they should feel free to contact the editorial office.